Good afternoon book friends 🙂 I hope you all are having a happy Wednesday! I just wanted to start out by saying thank you to everyone who has followed, commented, or reached out to me through email since I started this little blog a few weeks ago. You all just make me so very happy!
Today, I though I would share with you a few of the book-related goals I have for myself and for this blog in the new year. I have seen just how fast a new blog can grow in a very short amount of time – and I want to form a game plan, so that I can take full advantage of the incredible adventure this little blog will take me on in 2016 🙂 So here we go:
- Read (at least) 50 books (yay for my first ever Goodreads challenge!)
- Reach 500 bookstagram followers
- Review at least one self-published/indie book each month. This is where you all come in! If you are an author (or you know of one) with a newly released, independent book, I would love to support you! To submit a book for review, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host my first ever bookish giveaway (either here on the blog, or my bookstagram)
- Make some fabulous new friends through my blogging journey who genuinely understand this passion for books 🙂
- Become a regular book reviewer for a small publishing company.
- Finish writing (and maybe even editing) my current WIP novel, Stealing Forever. (This novel is a loose Peter Pan retelling – let me know if any of you would like to see creative writing related posts, because I would love to share!)
- Go to a book signing to meet one of my (many!) favorite authors
- Maintain a consistent blog, posting (at the very least) once per week – sharing all of my favorite bookish news with all of you.
- Fill up my all the shelves of my first ever bookshelf (you can keep up with my programs on my bookstagram @littlebluelibrary. I love sharing pictures of lovely new books!)
I know that I am a bit late in the game with this list – January is already nearly over! What? This year is going to fly by, and I can’t wait to see what fun adventures it brings! What are your goals for the new year? Let me know in the comments or through my email – I love interacting with all of you. I think that each of my goals for this year can really be wrapped up into one ultimate goal – to grow in this book loving community. I love that this community exists, and I am so happy that my little blog can be a part of it. ❤